iPad 5.0.1 Windows Jailbreak
Apple made the 5.0.1 update live just a couple of days and the jailbreak community was able to provide jailbreak for it in less than 24 hours. This jailbreak is for the windows users who have updated their iPad and iPad 2 to 5.0.1. This method makes use of snowbreeze / sn0wbreeze tool. Another thing to keep in mind that this jailbreak is untethered in nature which means that you will have to connect it to your PC incase your iPad gets powered off for some reason. Here is the jailbreak guide.
First download iPad 5.0.1 ipsw and save it to your computer. This is required even if you have already updated your iPad to 5.0.1. You will also have to download snowbreeze (link). Unzip it and start the app. Click on the blue arrow to proceed. It will ask you for the IPSW file. Point it to the one you downloaded earlier. Proceed to the next screen and select “expert mode” > Build IPSW. The app will now jailbreak it and create a firmware that is pre jailbroken.
Connect your iPad and press ok button. You will be told to put it into DFU mode. Follow the instructions on the screen. Evasion for iPad 6.1 download.
Fire up iTunes and select iPad from the left sidebar. Tap and hold the (left) shift key and browse for the jailbroken IPSW firmware. It will now flash the firmware to your iPad. Now, we will boot it tethered. Find the iBooty file (present on your desktop) and select your device from the drop down menu. Click on start button and follow the onscreen instructions. That is it, you have successfully jailbroken your iPad.
We now have a guide to perform iPad 5.1.1 jailbreak.
Check out these as well.
- Manage application data storage on iPad easily
- Apple iPad Pro production delayed, to start in September
- Apple iPad Pro to be released along with iPad Mini 4
- Apple iOS 8.1.3 update direct download links
- Best Buy reduces iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini prices by $100
- SiriusXM And WSI releases Wireless Weather For iPad
- Antitrust settlement proposal from Apple rejected
- Apple iPad not banned in China
- Woman Jailed For iPad Scam
- Ipad 5 In Store Renders Pop Up
- GIPS Defends Ipad Use in Class
- Is Apple iPad 3 Still Worth it?
- Royal Brunei Becomes First Airlines To Offer iPad Mini to its Business Passengers
- Maddox’s iPad Thief Arrested
- iPhone Kills a Chinese